Florida Challenge Triathlon Countdown Clock

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Intro

Welcome to my new training blog. I had a training blog on Myspace but I have decided to move it here.  I will write about my training, diet, and overall preparation for the 2010 triathlon season, startng with Ironman Florida 70.3 on 5-16-2010. 

This race consists of a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run. My goal is to finish in under 7 hours. 

I did my first triathlon in 1995, which was a 400 yard pool swim, 11 mile bike, and 3 mile run. I had always wanted to try 1, and decided to give it a shot. I finished that race and was HOOKED!   Crossing that finish line was a life changing experience! Once I finished that race I was ready to do another. 

So here I am, 15 years later, still racing and I still enjoy it as much as I did back then! 

This sport is the ultimate challenge for me. I enjoy the training, the goal setting, and the sense of accomplishment when I finish a race. Some races I do better than others, but long as I finish I'm happy! Of course the competitor in me likes to kick a**, but finishing is the #1 priority!

The training is tough, but It's my stress release and I enjoy it.  It helps me clear my mind and helps me stay on shape. Seeing how I'm closer to age 50 than age 30 I have to work that much harder to stay in shape!

This blog will also keep me focused on my season's goals and accountable to myself to achieve them. Sometimes, when you write down your goals they can become reality. Let's hope that's true! Lol

So that's my story. Now it's time to talk training! 

Thanks for reading! Till next time, peace!   

No comments:

Post a Comment