Florida Challenge Triathlon Countdown Clock

Monday, November 29, 2010

Off Season Activities!

Well, the off season is in full swing and I'm taking full advantage! They say in the off season you should give yourself a physical (and mental) break from training. 

Physically, it's good to cut back because you need to let your body rest and recover. The last thing you want to do is injure yourself by going full bore when you don't have to.

The mental break is just as important to me. I can't speak for others, but the mental aspect of training can be downright brutal if you let it get the best of you.  It can wear you down when you think about the amount of work it takes to get ready for a race.  Then add in the fact that you have to work and balance a social life with family and friends and it can drain you.

But all that is forgotten when you cross the finish line! Lol

I'm still working out though. I did a 42 mile bike ride a couple weeks ago, and I'm still lifting weights and swimming on a regular. Just not at the high intensities. 


Thankfully, my birthday is during the off season, cuz I LOVE my birthday! I enjoy going out to celebrate, and last but not least, I get to eat cake guilt free!  Lol



Every year I MUST have a cake!  It's a tradition! Lol



Thankfully this is on the off season! Lol

In addition to my birthday, a lot has happened since my last race.  I got my Finisher Shirt from my last race, but still no medal.



  I'm TRYING to move on, but they won't leave me alone:

From: events@triflorida.com
To: TRIMASTER1@
Subject: Your Florida Challenge Triathlon Finisher Medal
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:42:13 -0500

Dear JEFFREY,

We apologize for the delay in sending you your well-deserved finisher medal from the Florida Challenge Triathlon. After encountering numerous problems with the manufacturing and shipping of the original medals, we opted to have a new medal made. That medal is currently in production and is scheduled to be delivered to our office on December 3. Depending what time they arrive on the 3rd, we will mail them out either the same day or the following business day.

If you have moved since the race, please make sure you email us your new address.

We realize that for many of you the Florida Challenge Triathlon may not have been the quality of race you have come to expect from Sommer Sports. While some problems were caused by issues outside of our control, others were not. I would like to offer my sincere apology to those of you who were dissapointed. We take these issues seriously and will work even harder in the future to make certain all of our events exceed your expectations. Our 2011 event schedule will be posted on December 1 and we hope you will return to Clermont to race in 2011.

From the entire Sommer Sport's Team, we wish you a great Thanksgiving.

Fred Sommer,
Race Director
Sommer Sports


Like I said before, I'll just wait and see what happens!  

But the most important thing that happened is I got certified as a personal trainer!



I had been thinking about this for years, and finally decided it was time to make a move!  I even have my own website:JW Fitness Solutions    I'm quite excited about this new adventure, and we'll see what happens!

I will keep racing and writing my training blog. This makes next season that much more exciting!

I see big things in 2011!!  But whatever happens, I'll give it 110%!

Thanks for reading! Till next time, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment