Florida Challenge Triathlon Countdown Clock

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Songs in the Off-Key of Life

Even though I haven't been posting as of late, I'm still working out on a regular. This week I lifted weights twice, swam for an hour, and rode my indoor trainer. The workouts have been pretty good actually. I wanted to do a sprint triathlon later this month, but to my disapointment (but not to my surprise,) it was cancelled:

Schools Out Triathlon Cancelled.

The website says it was cancelled because of low regitration numbers, but I don't buy that because the race is still 3 weeks away, and they cancelled it about 2 weeks ago. I think it's due to the oil spill even though there's no oil in the Tampa area, but it's just a guess...

Now I'm startign to wonder what they're going to do with the Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Clearwater this November?? Time will tell...

Anyway, that still leaves the Florida Challenge Triathlon for me in September. This another half ironman that I'm pretty sure I'll be racing in. I haven't started training yet, but I'll start very soon...

And I NEED to start training soon, because I have fallen of the diet wagon! lol Every day for the last 2 weeks at work, I have eaten a bag of peanut M&M's. For some people that's nothing, but for me that's A LOT! I can usually go weeks w/o eating sweets, but lately I can't get enough. It's to the point I can't bring any dollar bills or loose change to work! And with tomorrow being a holiday, I'm going to be eating sweets again. So I'll start back NOT eating sweets later in the week (I hope...lol)

Most people who know me know that I prefer to train outside, especially when it comes to running. There are so many fun places I like to run: (Bayshore, Flatwoods, the beach, etc.) But sometimes the heat is just too unbearable so I'm forced to train indoors. If I must use a treadmill, I'd rather use it at the gym than at home because the gym is busy and full of activity. Running on a treadmill at home is BORING! The gym has plenty tv monitors, people walking by, etc.

At home this is what I run on:





Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY thankful to have a treadmill in the house. This thing has been a HUGE help in my training. But I have a short attention span & get bored quite easily. (That's why triathlon works for me.) Running on this thing for 1-2 hours at a time can get quite tedious & monotnous.

Today I decided to run on the treadmill at a moderate pace. Immediately to the right of the last pic is a tv. When running I like to watch videos, so I had it on MTV Jams.

I don't use a heart rate monitor when I train, so I have to be creative and use other ways to check my intensity. The experts say you should be able to talk a bit while working out. If you're totally breathless and can barely talk, you're working too hard. Since I had the house all to myself today, I decided to sing while I ran! lol

I can NOT sing. I'm a TERRIBLE singer. No one will EVER hear me sing. EVER. I can lip sync with the best of em tho! lol My singing is about as bad as Stevie Wonder driving on the autobhan. At night. In a rainstorm. After having 4 shots of Patron! lol It's pretty bad...lol

I'm sure there's a rule book or by-laws out there that says I shouldn't like these songs, but I knew most of the lyrics and was singing along at the top of my lungs as I jogged at a steady clip:

P-Diddy

Hello,
good morning,
hello good mornin'

Got your boyfriend feeling like a groupie,
you know, you know, we know, we on that,
Stuntin like you looking like a movie,
you know, you know, we know, we on that,
And everybody know who the truth be

Let's work!Come on,
Let's work




Then they played Wale:

Pretty Girls,
Ask em do they smoke,
Ask em what do they know
Ask em can we goooo
Pretty girl,
Sunshine in the air,
Perfume everywhere,
Girls are evrywhere

Ugly girls be quiet,
pretty girls clap clap like this!


Then they played Beyone Single Ladies. As much as I like Beyonce and that video, I can't sing it! I don't care if nobody's around. It'd be just my luck somebody hears me singing If you like what you see put a ring on it...lol

Can't go out like that! lol

Trey Songs:

All the neigbors know my name!
My name!
My name!


Then there was DJ Kalid:

All I do is win win win no matter what,
Got money on mind I can never get enough,
And everytime I step up in the building,
Everybody hands go up,
And they stay there,
And they say there yeah,
And they stay there,
Up down, up down,
'Cause all I do is win win win,
And if you goin' in put your hands in the air!


I wouldn't advise putting your hands up in the air & leaving them there when running on a treadmill! lol

Like I said before, I really think it's not right that I know most of the songs that come on the radio, but the groups I grew up with don't have any new albums coming out anytime soon. When Cameo or Parliament Funkadelic come out with a new album I'll check it out, but until then, I guess I'll have to listen to Snoop Dog, Luda, TI & The Dream! lol
Since I didn't run as hard as when I'm training, the music was a nice diversion today. If I'm running really hard, all I can do is focus on my form so I don't bust my a** by falling! lol

All in all, I had a good run today:



I took this pic during my cooldown. I stopped at 100 minutes and finsished with over 12000 steps. I originally planned on running for 2 hours, but there's plenty of time for that. Today was more about having a long slow endurance run than how many steps or how far/long I ran. (I had the incline on 3 speed on 5, when I'm really pushing it I have the speed on 7.) After the run I did 20 minutes of yoga. The yoga is a great way to cap off a workout!

I think this will be my last "easy" week before I take it to the next level. September will be here before I know it, & I have to be ready to race! So in the meantime, I'm going to relax a bit, eat some good 4th of July food and watch the Tour De France which started today. (Alberto Contador is gonna win it all!)

I doubt I work out next Saturday, because I plan on patying it up wih my old co-workers from Brownco/Etrade next Friday. My last party before I hit it hard!

Thanks for reading, till next time, Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment